My grandfather took me to the fish pond on the farm when I was seven. He told me to throw a__1____into the water. And he told me to watch the____2___created by the stone. Then he asked me to__ 3__ of myself as that stone.
“You may__ 4__ lots of splashes (飞溅 ) in your life,___ 5___the waves that come from those splashes will ___6____the peace of all your fellow___7_____,”he said.
“Remember that you are ___8____for what you put in your circle and that the circle will also___9____many other circles. You will need to live in the ___10____that allows the good that comes from your circle to ___11____the peace of that goodness to___12____. The splash that comes from anger or jealousy will send those___13_____to other circles. You are responsible for____14_____.”
That was the first time I ___15_____each person creates the inner peace or discord (冲突) that ____16_____out into the world. We cannot create world peace if we are ___17____with inner conflicts, hatred, ____18______, or anger. We radiate (流露) the feelings and thoughts that we hold ____19_____,whether we speak them out or not. Whatever is splashing around inside of us is spilling out into the world, creating beauty or discord with all other circles of life.
We are ____20_____to everything and everyone else around in the universe.
1. A. stick B. brick C. stone D. ball
2. A. holes B. circles C. drops D. waters
3. A. think B. accuse C. regard D. warn
4. A. produce B. damage C. prevent D. create
5. A. but B. because C. while D. for
6. A. cut B. disturb C. bring D. block
7. A. students B. friends C. creatures D. workers
8. A. proud B. helpful C. respectful D. responsible
9. A. hear B. leave C. strike D. touch
10. A. family B. situation C. way D. hurry
11. A. send B. provide C. destroy D. keep
12. A. them B. nobody C. someone D. others
13. A. tastes B. smells C. feelings D. views
14. A. all B. both C. neither D. any
15. A. realized B. recognized C. admitted D. promised
16. A. flows B. takes C. picks D. brings
17. A. prepared B. filled C. presented D. supplied
18. A. honesty B. truth C. doubt D. modesty
19. A. forward B. outside C. inside D. upward
20. A. referred B. intended C. devoted D. connected
1.C. 借助反指法，后面提到了that stone
2.B. circles 指波纹，后文多次提到circles
3.A. 考察短语think of… as 把…看成…此处为：把…想象成为…
4.D. 依上文created by the stone可知。这里是“激起”的意思。
8.D. 考察短语be responsible for…. 意为：对。。。负责任。
10.D. 考察短语in the way.依后面的that 从句也能推知。
14.B. 指anger or jealousy这两者。
15.A. realized意识到 recognized 认出 admitted确认 promised承诺，保证.依文义选realized
17.B. 考察短语be filled with.